The HSE has just released new guidance on how best to manage the use of hearing protection for employees who wear hearing aids. The following is a summary, but you can also download a full advance copy. There are key considerations when implementing a hearing conservation programme in areas that include personnel who already have a hearing impairment and may need to use hearing aids. Would switching off my hearing
Legalities and Data Protection
Registered name: Industrial Noise and Vibration Centre Ltd
Registered in England Number: 1981938 Registered Address: 889 Plymouth Road, Slough, SL1 4LP
Whilst we endeavour to keep the information on this website up-to-date and correct, we make no direct or implied warranties about the content. Any reliance you place on the information is therefore at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
This website provides links to other websites – we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse any views expressed on them.
This website and its content is copyright of INVC Ltd. All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than::
• You may print or download extracts for your personal and non-commercial use
• You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not distribute, commercially exploit the content, transmit it or store it on any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system except with express written permission.
Terms and conditions: website use
• The website content is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website are acknowledged.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We need this information to understand your requirements, to provide you with a good service and for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping and to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send you emails about new products and services or other information which we think you may find relevant using the email address you have provided
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Control over your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information as follows:-
• If you fill in a website form, there may be a box you can check to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed that we can use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may cancel the agreement at any time in writing or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Industrial Noise and Vibration Centre Ltd, 889 Plymouth Road, Slough, SL1 4LP
If you believe that any of the information about you that we are holding incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is securely stored. We have suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect online to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
Cookies are small files that allow web applications to respond to you as an individual by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. They also help analyse web traffic which allows us to improve our website to provide the information you are looking for. We ask for permission for them to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies help us provide you with a website that is better suited to your needs by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Note that we do not have any control over other websites accessed via links on our website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.